Lambeth Together partner, Age UK have worked hard to put together a range of support for people of all ages across the borough. This support includes:
- MYcommunity Gateway Service makes sure phones continue to be answered, providing information, advice, support and reassurance. The team can get you straight into the services you need. Call Gateway on 0330 360 3700 or email email@example.com
- MYadvice is still receiving huge numbers of calls from people who have been affected financially, have issues with their housing or their employment. You can call them direct on 0203 1434 025
- MYneighbour is leading on making Friendship calls to those most isolated. As well as looking after people who usually have a face to face visit, they are working with other charities to make hundreds of calls every week to the most isolated. Volunteers offer a friendly voice to help people deal with the challenges of social isolation. If you or someone you know would like a friendly call once or twice a week, give Gateway a call on 0333 360 3700, and they’ll sort it out for you.
- The HandyFix Service has moved to a 7-day week service to help support the increasing numbers of patients being discharged from hospital to their own home. They’re still doing priority handyperson jobs to keep people safe in their homes. You can call them on 0333 360 3990
- MYsocial has a chat line available every day for its members. They’ve also started an online and onphone programme of events. Have a look at www.mysocial.london to find out more. It’s free to join.
They have been working closely with Connect Lambeth colleagues, other charities working in Lambeth, to make sure they reach out the most in need. Have a look at the Connect Lambeth website for a great list of resources that you might find helpful. Visit www.connectlambeth.org to find them. You can also find out more about the #together campaign there.