A mental health crisis might mean you feel unable to cope and like you might harm yourself, or someone else. It could also mean you have unusual and frightening thoughts.
There is both NHS and voluntary sector support available. Either you or someone close to you can contact these services:
- South London and Maudsley NHS Trust has a 24-hour mental health crisis line
Phone: 0800 731 2864 (Option 1) or visit www.slam.nhs.uk/crisis
- Lambeth Single Point of Access (SPA) is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. It can help you access the right service for your needs, including a crisis outreach service if appropriate.
- The national NHS website has advice on dealing with a mental health emergency or crisis. You can call the NHS helpline on 111.
- Solidarity in a Crisis is an out-of-hours peer support service, co-designed and co-delivered by people who use services and carers in Lambeth, providing crisis support over the phone and in person. Freephone 0300 123 1922 text 07889 756 087 or 07889 756 083
- The Evening Sanctuary is at the Mosaic Clubhouse in Brixton. To access this service, you’ll need a referral from a healthcare professional such as your GP or care coordinator.
- Samaritans has a free to call service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, if you want to talk to someone in confidence. Call them on 116 123.