Di is a yoga-loving GP and clinical leader who has been a Lambeth resident and GP for thirty years. In that time has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience locally, regionally and also nationally. She is a committed advocate of integrated care, and the Lambeth Together Local Care Partnership.
She is a former carer, passionate about improving health and reducing inequalities in Lambeth. She has always been committed to diversity and inclusion issues as well as the needs of carers and her life experiences give a complementary perspective to her peers in healthcare leadership.
Di has always been involved in quality improvement and transformation throughout her career. She was Medical Director at Lambeth Primary Care Trust which was the predecessor organisation. And at national level, she was a member of the Independent Review of the Mental Health Act working group, shaping modern mental health services and recommending how to address the disparities in how the Act affects people from black, Asian and minority ethnic minority backgrounds.
Her current roles include:
- Clinical Vice-Chair of the Governing Body at our CCG, as a clinical leader on quality, clinical effectiveness, long term conditions and prescribing.
- Lambeth Together Strategic Board Member, & she will be Designate Co-Chair from 1st January 2022
- Clinical Lead for the Neighbourhood & Wellbeing Delivery Alliance
- Co-chair Lambeth Together Equalities Group. Since the pandemic and the disparities affecting BAME communities, she has taken a lead for Lambeth Together to facilitate and collate stakeholders plans to address health inequalities for all residents with protected characteristics
- She sits on (& is a former vice chair of) the South East London Committee that oversees clinical and budgetary prescribing spend (£400m) and maintains the SE London Medicines Formulary.
She is also a Stakeholder Governor at Kings College Hospital. At regional level, she represents SEL Integrated Care System at the Health Equity Delivery Board with other colleagues.
Her clinical interests are hypertension, mental health and the mind-body interface, medicines optimisation and complex multiple long term conditions including chronic pain.