The Neighbourhood & Wellbeing Delivery Alliance aims to improve the health & wellbeing of adults living in Lambeth whilst also collaborating within a partnership of voluntary & community organisations and health and social care to reduce health inequalities, provide better access and improve services to all residents.
Chronic pain is classified as pain that lasts more than 3 months despite medication or treatment. In Lambeth, pain is the second most-common long-term condition amongst residents, affecting 13% of the population. Chronic pain is best treated as a bio-psycho-social condition. It is closely related to mental and physical health, mood, social circumstances and behaviours. NICE recommends non-pharmacological management of chronic primary pain, such as exercise programmes, physical activity, psychological therapy, and acupuncture.
What are we trying to achieve?
To co-produce new community models in order to improve care & support to those suffering from chronic pain, focusing on mind & body, inequality, the impact of unemployment, exercise, and prescribing.
Why are we focusing on chronic pain?
- In Lambeth, pain is the second most-common long-term condition amongst residents, affecting 13% of the population
- Black people are almost twice as likely to supper from chronic pain as White or Asian people
- Females are 1.5 times more likely to suffer from chronic pain than males
- People living in deprived areas are more likely to suffer from chronic pain
How will we get there?
- Patients to identify themselves to their GP in order to be added to the chronic pain register
- Produce an asset map of all community services in Lambeth
- Make the case to invest in community-based services
- Work with multiple partners to explore how to provide culturally appropriate community-based pain services in local neighbourhoods to those with (& at risk) of the poor health outcomes
- Potential to establish or update the referral pathways from Primary care into Secondary care and Community Services
- Hospital Clinics
- Online Pain Management Pilot
- IMPARTS Programme in Primary Care
Click here to access information about Mental Health Services available in Lambeth.
Click here to access free Suicide Prevention Training developed by the Mayor of London.