The Lambeth Together Vision
We want Lambeth to be a place where:
- Health and social care outcomes are improved for all our communities, regardless of background or lived experience
- People can reach their potential, are valued, are safe from harm and have positive choices about their health and social care
- We strongly celebrate our rich diversity
- Our communities’ voices are actively heard
- We focus our attention on improving equality, diversity and inclusion
To achieve this, we will come together as an integrated health and care system working as a single team with a single budget, delivering transformative health and care for all who need it in Lambeth.
As Lambeth Together, we believe in:
- Putting people first, always, and striving to provide the best care possible
- Being honest, fair, clear and plain spoken
- Working together, collaboratively, in partnership
- Respecting difference and celebrating diversity
- Ensuring that we behave and speak in a way that actively promotes inclusivity.
Our strategic objectives
To achieve our vision:
- We will bring health and care partners together across Lambeth, working across organisational boundaries and geographies in an inclusive way.
- Whoever we work for, we will operate as ‘One Lambeth’ team, with our people clear about their roles, whether they are in health and social care, the voluntary and community sector or working in statutory services or other partners.
- We will make sure service users are the centre of our focus through robust and meaningful co-production. We will empower our residents, listen to their voices and act on what they say.
- We will develop services that are centred around neighbourhoods, not the organisations who provide them, by combining forces in Delivery Alliances, that are grounded in those places.
- We will work under one health and care budget, with combined systems, working collectively through a culture which is open and honest, where challenge is welcomed.
- As leaders, we will role model behaviours that empower others and are inclusive to all, including being allies to those impacted by inequalities.
- We will consciously move towards expanding the diversity of our senior leadership and teams.
- We will reduce inequities in access to effective and good quality health and care services and work with others to address the root causes of inequity that lead to ill health.
The ‘Lambeth Together Way’
The behaviours we expect of each other are that:
- Whichever organisation our people work within, they recognise that while individual strengths are critical to success, they are part of a collective whole
- Our people embrace feedback and learn from it, sharing learning when we know it will make a difference, building relationships based on trust
- Our people are accountable, share power and enable diverse voices to be heard
- Our everyday behaviours are influenced by active participation in continued learning and development, and the promotion and visibility of equalities, diversity and inclusion
- We actively encourage and participate in improving our inclusivity to create a new and fully inclusive organisational history